Sunday, July 24, 2011

I think I'll go to Boston


The Parish family recently went on vacation in Massachusetts! Hatley and Patrick had never been there. My family goes every summer. We rent a beach house and just relax for the entire week. It was fabulous! I wake up every morning wishing we were still on vacation! Only to realize that I am in Oklahoma and at 9 AM it is already 99 degrees. MISERABLE!

Hatley had never been on an airplane so I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about boarding our first flight. To Baltimore. 3 hours!!! She blew my mind! She was fantastic. Not a peep. She loved looking out the window and making the airplane sound as she flapped her arms :) After that we had a short flight from Baltimore to Boston which went great, as well. My dad and brother picked us up and we were on our way to the house!

We got to the house and Hatley was so so so happy to see all of her aunts and uncles and gramma! We took Hatley out to the beach for her first time and she couldn't get enough of the water. (even though it was so cold)

The entire week was extremely relaxing. We just hung out on the beach all day and cooked all the meals at the house. I would get up each morning, go for a run (well, 3 of the days anyway) and then have my iced coffee out on the porch watching the waves crash the rocks. Hatley also was a champ in her pack n play. She slept great but woke up every morning at 5:30. It was so bright out, she thought it was time to get up and play. Patrick and I quickly learned to "pretend" we were still sleeping and she eventually got bored and went back to sleep.

On Tuesday the whole family (minus my dad and joe) went to Boston to "get our shop on." They have an H&M. So amazing! We took the ferry there and back which was a fun experience for Hatley. We also went shopping downtown Scituate, that was fun. It's such a fun little beach town. It reminds me of something out of a movie or something.

Lobster diving was probably the highlight of Patricks vacation! My dad, joe and patrick all went scuba diving and would get lobster for us to cook for dinner. We had lobster pretty much every night, along with whatever my mom chose to cook. Fresh lobster was def. an experience. If you have ever cracked open a fresh lobster after steaming it, you know what I am talking about. It could ruin your appetite and make you not want to eat the lobster (if you have a weak stomach) Susannah's boyfriend Michael went with us. Joe, Ben and Michael went fishing one night and Ben (the youngest) caught the biggest fish. We had that for dinner the next night. We learned Hatley LOVES seafood. She ate lobster, crab, and fish pretty much every night for dinner.

The weather there was wonderful! Every day was pretty close to 80 degrees. If Patrick could find a job up in Scituate, we would move there in a heart beat! We will def. be going back for future vacations! I cannot wait until the next time!



Hatley found out real fast that the water is COLD!



Patrick and Hatley enjoying the water


Joe and Patrick getting ready to go get some lobster!




Our ferry to Boston!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!! So happy you guys got to go and that hatley was a champ (duh!) Can't wait to hear more about it. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete